Carlo Vacchino (1876-1918), with his wife Emilia Accatino, began his entrepreneurial activity in the field of entertainment in 1908, taking over the "Cinema Sanremese", the city's first cinematograph which had been inaugurated only two years earlier in Via Vittorio Emanuele.
It had a large waiting room and two hundred seats for the international audience of the cosmopolitan Sanremo of the time.
The Vacchino company soon also took over the management of the Principe Amedeo theatre, creating the basis for the future prosperous management of entertainment in San Remo.
For the film business, Carlo collaborated with the film distributor Stefano Pittaluga, an enlightened Ligurian pioneer of cinematography.
Carlo Vacchino died in 1918.
From those early years of intense activity began the great Vacchino family business in Sanremo, which continued throughout the 20th century for another four generations, still in activity.
In fact, their son Aristide (1907-1980) and his mother Emilia continued their father's business, increasing it by carrying out other projects and acquisitions.
(taken from the book "Sanremo e l'Europa, l'Immagine della Città tra Otto e Novecento" edited by Letizia Lodi; published by Scalpendi, 2018)